The Agricultural Law Resource and Reference Center is a collaboration between Penn State Law and the Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences. Funded in part by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, the Center is designed to provide the highest-quality educational programs, information and materials to those involved or interested in agricultural law and policy.
The Center provides:
- cutting-edge research on current and emerging issues of interest to the international agricultural business community.
- information relevant to agricultural producers, the food processing industry and government at all levels.
- a current index and bibliography of relevant professional articles and extension outreach materials on agricultural issues.
- professional-level courses focused on legal issues related to agriculture.
- information and assistance to the general public, agricultural and food industry groups, the Pennsylvania state legislature, Pennsylvania state agencies, boards and commissions.
- the highest-quality educational information and materials to help people understand complex legal issues and problems.
History of the Center
Founded in 1855 as Pennsylvania's land-grant institution, Penn State was initially a college of agriculture and was the first American college or university to award baccalaureate and graduate degrees in agriculture.
The Agricultural Law Resource & Reference Center was created following the announcement of the merger agreement between The Dickinson School of Law and The Pennsylvania State University in 1997. The institutions have long shared a common mission of providing a quality education at an affordable cost, as well as strong traditions of service to their local communities and the Commonwealth.