The mission of the International Law Society is to explore issues of importance to the international legal community, assist students in pursuing legal careers with an international component, promote awareness of international legal topics, and increase the understanding of the international law practice.
International Law Society Newsletter
- Fall Edition 2011, Volume 5
- Winter Edition 2011, Volume 4
- Summer Edition 2010, Volume 3
- Winter Edition 2009-2010, Volume 2
- August 2009, Volume 1
- Full Interviews: John Brew & Don Shemanski
- Al Amado and the Rule of Law — March 18, 2013
- Career Symposium — November 27, 2012
Featured panelists included Professor Dennis Jett, Professor William Fox, and Vice Admiral James W. Houck.
- Smart Power, International Law and Policy — April 12, 2012
Featured speakers included Professor P.J. Crowley (Omar Bradley Chair in Strategic Leadership), Dr. Douglas Paal (Vice President for Studies at the Carnegie Endowment for Peace), and Graham Fletcher(Chargé de Affaires of the Australian Embassy in Washington, DC).
- Private Contractors in Afghanistan: A Roundtable Discussion on International Law and Policy — March 28, 2011
Featured speakers included moderator J.J. Messner, Senior Associate at The Fund for Peace in Washington, D.C.; Mr. Russ Swanger, Senior Counsel, U.S. Combat Systems Division of BAE Systems and the International Law Attorney at the Peacekeeping and Stability Operations Institute of the U.S. Army War College; Mr. Kevin Lanigan, Independent Rule of Law Consultant and Former Director of the Law and Security Program at Human Rights First; Dr. Dennis Jett, Professor, Penn State School of International Affairs; Professor William Fox, Penn State Dickinson School of Law Faculty Member
- Developing Global Online Redress Systems: From eBay to the United Nations and Beyond
- Private Contractors in Afghanistan: A Roundtable Discussion on International Law and Policy
- Wikileaks, National Security, and American Criminal Law: Issues and (Some) Answers
- Lunch and Learn with Professor William Fox
- Beyond Rhetoric: The State of Iran — Its Policies, Politics, and Global Impact
- International Job Search with Tilman Larson