Agricultural Law Brief Articles:
Pennsylvania statutes are accessible online through the Unofficial Purdon’s Pennsylvania Statutes website. Be aware that this information is subject to change as a result of subsequent amendments. Please consult an attorney if you are in need of the most up-to-date statutory information.
- Detection, Containment, or Eradication of Certain Diseases. 3 Pa. Cons. Stat. §§ 2321–2335
- Game and Wildlife Code, 34 Pa. Cons. Stat. §§ 101–2965
- Pennsylvania Game Commission, 34 Pa. Cons. Stat. §§ 301–328
- Game or Wildlife Protection, 34 Pa. Cons. Stat. §§ 2101–2167
- Hunting and Fur-taking, 34 Pa. Cons. Stat. §§ 2301–2386
- Health Requirements for Importation and Intrastate Transportation of Animals, 7 Pa. Code §§ 3.1 – 3.221
- Brucellosis Regulations, 7 Pa. Code §§ 7.1 – 7.74
- Pseudorabies Disease, 7 Pa. Code §§ 10.1 – 10.27
- Rabies Prevention and Control, 7 Pa. Code §§ 16.1 – 16.65
- Game Commission
- Executive Order 2011-02: Feral Swine Response: Removal of Protection (removing statewide protection on feral swine, excepting specified areas; establishing the terms and procedures for proper taking (killing) of feral swine) (Mar. 22, 2011)
Some of these cases may be available at a law library or accessible online for those with LexisNexis, Westlaw, or other electronic database accounts.
Pennsylvania Supreme Court:
- Seeton v. Pa. Game Comm'n, 937 A.2d 1028 (Pa. 2007) (holding lower court erred in deferring to Pennsylvania Game Commission's interpretations of the Pennsylvania Game and Wildlife Code because Commission’s interpretations conflicted with the enabling Game and Wildlife Code).
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Wild Boar (National Invasive Species Information Center)
Some of these articles may be available at a law library or accessible online for those with LexisNexis, Westlaw, or other electronic database accounts. Some hyperlinks may only be available for those users with access to HeinOnline.
- Feral/Wild Pigs: Potential Problems for Farmers and Hunters (U.S. Department of Agriculture: Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service Information Bulletin, Oct. 2005)
- Behavior and Ecology of Wild and Feral Swine (Sus scrofa), H.B. Graves, 58 J. ANIM. SCI. 482 (1984).
- Animal Diversity Web: Sus scrofa (University of Michigan Museum of Zoology)