Legislative Activity 2007-2008
For an explanation to facilitate reading of legislative bills click here.
Pennsylvania Legislative Activity (2007-2008 Session)
Unenacted Pennsylvania Legislative Proposals:
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- House Bill 32: Proposing amendment to the Conservation and Natural Resources Act, 71 P.S. §§ 1340.101-1340.1103, that would encourage the development of mineral resources in state forest land.
- House Bill 1373: Proposing a tax on oil and gas, amending the General County Assessment Law, 72 P.S. §§ 5020-101 to 5020-602.
- House Bill 2227: Proposing an amendment to the Oil and Gas Act, 58 P.S. §§ 601.101-601.607 (allowing for compensation for surface damage caused by oil and gas exploration).
- House Bill 2453: Proposing amendments to the Oil and Gas Conservation Law, 58 P.S. §§ 401-419.
- House Bill 2533: Proposing enactment of the Surface Owners’ Protection Act (providing for duties of oil and gas well operators; providing notice of operations and surface use and compensation agreement; providing for entry without surface use compensation agreement; providing for restriction on issuance of permits for wells; providing for attorney fees and costs and for emergency situations.
- House Bill 2741: Proposing an amendment to the Oil and Gas Act, 58 P.S. §§ 601.101-601.607 (providing for bonding and well-plugging funds).
- House Bill 2819: Proposing an amendment to the Pennsylvania Farmland and Forestland Assessment Act of 1974, commonly referred to as “Clean and Green,” 72 P.S. §§ 5490.1-5490.13, that would have instituted rollback taxes for land enrolled in Clean and Green that is used for oil and gas drilling.
- House Bill 2840: Proposing an amendment to the act establishing the Oil and Gas Lease Fund, 71 P.S. § 1331 (allowing independent governmental agencies to keep and use all rent and royalty payments from oil and gas leases on land the agencies own).
- Pennsylvania Senate
- Senate Bill 1127: Proposing amendment to the Conservation and Natural Resources Act, 71 P.S. §§ 1340.101-1340.1103 (encouraging the development of mineral resources in state forest land).
- Senate Bill 1330: Proposing enactment of the Coal Bed Methane Well Dispute Resolution Act (establishing the Coal Methane Review Board and grant the board the responsibility to resolve disputes between property owners over the location of coal bed methane wells and access roads).
Pennsylvania Legislative Resolutions:
- Senate Resolution 375: Opposing certain federal rules related to the interstate transportation of natural gas, memorializing the U.S. Congress to repeal or modify provisions of the Natural Gas Act of 1938, 15 U.S.C. § 717.
Pennsylvania Legislative Hearings:
- Marcellus Shale (Senate Majority Policy Committee Public Hearing, Nov. 18, 2008)
- Marcellus Shale (House Environmental Resources and Energy Committee Hearing, Sept. 30, 2008)
- Clean and Green (House Agricultural and Rural Affairs Committee Hearing, July 15, 2008)
- Protecting Pennsylvania’s Natural Resources (House Majority Policy Committee Public Hearing, Apr. 7, 2008)
- Protecting the Chesapeake Bay Watershed (House Majority Policy Committee Public Hearing, Mar. 31, 2008)