Penn State has extended the remote-delivery period for all classes into the summer. Visit https://news.psu.edu/ to learn more. CORONAVIRUS UPDATES: Visit https://sites.psu.edu/virusinfo/ for the latest from Penn State about the global coronavirus outbreak, and to learn more about current travel restrictions for students, faculty, and staff. For information specific to the Penn State Law community, visit pennstatelaw.psu.edu/psl-virus.
Empirical and Policy Research
BOOKS ON SPORTS ISSUES
- History and Policy Analysis on Sports Issues from Penn State Press
- Carroll & Humphreys, Agency Behavior in a Non-profit setting: Effects of the 1984 Supreme Court Decision on College Football Broadcasts
- Forrest, Simmons & Szymanski, Broadcasting, Attendance and the Inefficiency of Cartels
- Harbord & Ottaviani, Contracts & Competition in the Pay-TV Market
- Harbord & Szymanski, Restricted View: The Rights & Wrongs of PA Premier League Broadcasting
- Noll, Broadcasting and Team Sports
BUSINESS OF CRICKET
BUSINESS OF RUGBY
BUSINESS OF SOCCER
- DeBrock & Hendricks, Roll Call Voting in the NCAA
- Kahn & Fershee, Tax Magic: Did Billy Donovan Pull Income Out of a Hat?
- Kahn & Kahn, Tax Consequences of College Coaching Contract Buy-outs
- Booth, Comparing Competitive Balance in Australian Sports Leagues: Does a Salary Cap and Player Draft Measure Up?
- Buzzachi, Szymanski & Valetti, Static versus Dynamic Competitive Balance: Do Teams Win More in Europe or in the US?
- Fort & Quirk, The Optimal Balance of Nearly Nothing is Zero: The Case of Competitive Imbalance in Pro Sports Leagues
- Humphreys, Alternative Measures of Competitive Balance in Sports Leagues
- Owen & Weatherston, Professionalism & Competitive Balance in New Zealand Rugby Union
- Szymanski & Longley, A Market Test for Discrimination in the NHL
- Szymanski, Discrimination in the English Soccer League: A Market Test
ECONOMIC STRUCTURE OF SPORTS COMPETITIONS
- Franck, Beyond Market Power: Managerial Efficiency in American-style Structures of Major League Organizations
- Noll, Sports Economics at Fifty
- Szymanski & Valitti, Promotion & Relegation in Sporting Contests
- Szymanski, Economic Design of Sporting Contests
- Szymanski, The Champions League & the Coase Theorem
LABOR ECONOMICS IN SPORTS (see also Competitive Balance)
Some of these publications are saved in PDF format, which requires Adobe® Acrobat® Reader. Click here to get a free copy of Adobe® Acrobat® Reader.