Empirical and Policy Research
BOOKS ON SPORTS ISSUES
- History and Policy Analysis on Sports Issues from Penn State Press
- Carroll & Humphreys, Agency Behavior in a Non-profit setting: Effects of the 1984 Supreme Court Decision on College Football Broadcasts
- Forrest, Simmons & Szymanski, Broadcasting, Attendance and the Inefficiency of Cartels
- Harbord & Ottaviani, Contracts & Competition in the Pay-TV Market
- Harbord & Szymanski, Restricted View: The Rights & Wrongs of PA Premier League Broadcasting
- Noll, Broadcasting and Team Sports
BUSINESS OF CRICKET
BUSINESS OF RUGBY
BUSINESS OF SOCCER
- DeBrock & Hendricks, Roll Call Voting in the NCAA
- Kahn & Fershee, Tax Magic: Did Billy Donovan Pull Income Out of a Hat?
- Kahn & Kahn, Tax Consequences of College Coaching Contract Buy-outs
- Booth, Comparing Competitive Balance in Australian Sports Leagues: Does a Salary Cap and Player Draft Measure Up?
- Buzzachi, Szymanski & Valetti, Static versus Dynamic Competitive Balance: Do Teams Win More in Europe or in the US?
- Fort & Quirk, The Optimal Balance of Nearly Nothing is Zero: The Case of Competitive Imbalance in Pro Sports Leagues
- Humphreys, Alternative Measures of Competitive Balance in Sports Leagues
- Owen & Weatherston, Professionalism & Competitive Balance in New Zealand Rugby Union
- Szymanski & Longley, A Market Test for Discrimination in the NHL
- Szymanski, Discrimination in the English Soccer League: A Market Test
ECONOMIC STRUCTURE OF SPORTS COMPETITIONS
- Franck, Beyond Market Power: Managerial Efficiency in American-style Structures of Major League Organizations
- Noll, Sports Economics at Fifty
- Szymanski & Valitti, Promotion & Relegation in Sporting Contests
- Szymanski, Economic Design of Sporting Contests
- Szymanski, The Champions League & the Coase Theorem
LABOR ECONOMICS IN SPORTS (see also Competitive Balance)
Some of these publications are saved in PDF format, which requires Adobe® Acrobat® Reader. Click here to get a free copy of Adobe® Acrobat® Reader.