Penn State has extended the remote-delivery period for all classes into the summer. Visit https://news.psu.edu/ to learn more. CORONAVIRUS UPDATES: Visit https://sites.psu.edu/virusinfo/ for the latest from Penn State about the global coronavirus outbreak, and to learn more about current travel restrictions for students, faculty, and staff. For information specific to the Penn State Law community, visit pennstatelaw.psu.edu/psl-virus.
Arts, Sports, and Entertainment Law
Providing legal counsel to artists, entertainers, and athletes requires an understanding of the fundamentals of law, plus specialized knowledge of how the law impacts clients in these industries. In addition to coursework in this area, Penn State Law offers an Arts, Sports, and Entertainment Law Clinic, research opportunities with the Institute for Sports Law, Policy, and Research, and active student organizations.
Pilot Concentration Program for the Class of 2020
The Penn State Law faculty has approved this program for current third-year J.D. students and current LL.M. students graduating Spring 2020. Students may earn Concentration recognition in Arts, Sports, and Entertainment Law using courses from the Selected Courses section below. J.D. students must earn a minimum of 12 credits and LL.M. students a minimum of 9 credits. A minimum grade of ‘C’ is required for each course being used toward this Concentration. Upon verification of completion, students will receive a document of recognition.
Declare your intent to complete this Concentration - Concentration Declaration Application - Deadline for Spring 2020 Application is January 31, 2020.
Upon completion of the requirements, submit your academic eligibility – Concentration Completion Application
- Arts, Sports, and Entertainment Law Clinic
- Contracts (LLMs Only)
- Introduction to Intellectual Property
- Law of Artistic Persons & Properties Seminar
- Legal & Business Issues in Sports Marketing Seminar
- Representing the Professional Athlete
- Sports and Entertainment Law
- Sports Law
Additional Experiential Opportunities:
- Arts & Culture Legal Society
- Externships Everywhere (Associate Dean for Academic Affairs approval required)
- Externships in NCAA Compliance with the Penn State Athletics Department
- Institute for Sports Law, Policy, and Research
- Sports and Entertainment Law Society