Penn State has extended the remote-delivery period for all classes into the summer. Visit https://news.psu.edu/ to learn more. CORONAVIRUS UPDATES: Visit https://sites.psu.edu/virusinfo/ for the latest from Penn State about the global coronavirus outbreak, and to learn more about current travel restrictions for students, faculty, and staff. For information specific to the Penn State Law community, visit pennstatelaw.psu.edu/psl-virus.
Career Resources During COVID-19
The Career Services Office is committed to supporting you through this challenging time. We have compiled a number of resources for you below and are available for phone and Zoom appointments through Law Lion Careers.
General CSO Resources
- Career Services FAQ
- Sample Employer Outreach Emails
- ABA Coronavirus resources and information for law students
Networking & Informational Interviews
- Networking by Zoom: How to Identify Your Network and Conduct Informational Interviews
- Virtual Networking Plan Template
- Virtual Legal Profession Meetups
- PSU LionLink: Networking with PSU Alumni
- LinkedIn Webinar: Networking Your Way
- 7 Best Informational Interview Questions
- 4 Tips for Reaching Out to Someone You Admire on LinkedIn
- Tips for Networking Online
- Interview Stream: Web-based Practice Interview Program
- Video Interview Tips, Jason McCann, National Legal Career Advisor & Recruiter
- Virtual Interview Tips
- Phone Interview Tips
- How to Look Your Best on a Webcam, The New York Times
- Writing Thank-You Notes
Job Search Advice
- How to Continue a Job Search During a Pandemic
- Advice to Law Students in the Time of COVID-19, Your Path to Big Law, Law.com
- Top Signs of a Job Scam
- Email and Voicemail Etiquette (NALP "Developing the Professional Lawyer" Series)
- How to Handle Your Legal Job Search During the Coronavirus Outbreak (Vault)
Legal Skills and Training Opportunities
- The Belonging Project - Webinars, Mentoring and One-on-One Coaching
- Latham & Watkins Virtual Experience Program – Virtual Legal Assignments & Certification
- Procertas Legal Tech Assessment, Training & Certification
- Contact Patrick Miller (email@example.com) to enroll
- Hotshot - Free Digital Legal Training (Videos, Quizzes, Exercises and Outlines in Variety of Practice Areas)
- Upcoming American Constitution Society Career Calls (Student Loans, Clerkships, State AGs Offices)
- Lavender Link - Corporate Counsel Practice Webinar Series ($40 annual membership required)
Law in the Time of COVID: Navigating the Legal Market in Uncertain Times
The CSO presents a series of informal sessions with professors and practitioners, offering their perspective and advice on navigating the market right now, and discussing their experiences in prior difficult times.
- Series details, recordings, and slides can be accessed here.
Additional resources can be found in the Navigating Your Virtual Job Search folder in the Law Lion Careers Resource Library.