Parallel Structure Exercises
Correct any errors in parallel structure in the following sentences.
- The plaintiff was wasting the court’s time and prejudiced my client.
- The investment firm must choose to either disclose its clients to the SEC or to immediately return the funds to those clients.
- Before crashing his car, the defendant smoked two marijuana cigarettes, drank sixteen ounces of bourbon, and was swallowing three Valium pills.
- Detective Cobb is a skilled forensic investigator with over 200 convictions under his belt and who is admired by the junior officers of the police department.
- The Disciplinary Board investigated Attorney Johnson when it was alleged that she misled the court by failing to reveal unfavorable law, commingled personal and client funds, and there was a conflict of interest because of a sexual relationship with a client’s former spouse.
- Derek Jeter is not only a great fielding shortstop and he is also a superb hitter.
- To legally register to vote, a person must have resided in the state for thirty days, be a United States citizen, and committed no felony.
- The plaintiff’s attorneys were bombastic, uncivil, and lacked competence.
- My favorite activities are baseball, riding my bike, and playing piano.
- Her chores were to polish the furniture, sweep the floor, and to water the garden.