Careers in the Law
Save the date for Careers in the Law: March 15, 2019. Careers in the Law is designed to allow students to learn more about various practice areas by speaking with alumni and friends of Penn State who have a variety of experience in various practice areas.
|4:30 - 5:30 p.m.||Attorney Registration and Pre-Event Reception|
|5:30 - 6:00 p.m.||Student Registration|
|6:00 - 7:30 p.m.||Information Fair|
|7:30 - 8:00 p.m.||Networking Reception|
During the Information Fair portion of the event, the common areas of the Katz Building will be filled with tables, one for each practice area, with alumni and friends who work, or have worked, in each practice area. There will also be tables for individual law firms. Law students will visit the tables to learn more about the practice areas and law firms in attendance. Students are not permitted to bring resumes, however, they are encouraged to exchange business cards or contact information with the alumni, friends, and firms in attendance.
A networking reception will follow the information fair at 7:30 p.m.
Registration for alumni, friends, and law firms will be available on this page in advance of the event.
Benefits for Alumni and Friends
- Meet current Penn State Law students
- Share your experiences with the next generation of attorneys
- Network with other attorneys
- Reconnect with your classmates and professors
Benefits for Students
- Hone your networking skills
- Learn more about the wide variety of practice areas in the law
- Connect with practicing attorneys
- Learn about potential job openings