Employee Reimbursement System (ERS) is the University’s system used to reimburse both employees and non-employees for approved expenditures incurred during the course of University business.
Air tickets can be purchased online using Travel onLion or any outside booking site. Travelers who use outside booking sites may need to provide documentation that the lowest available airfare was obtained. Please review Airfare Booking Options and Services before purchasing your air ticket.
International travel must be registered through the Travel Safety Network (TSN) at tsn.psu.edu. You will receive a receipt from TSN that must be included with your reimbursement request.
If you are traveling to a dangerous country, registration will alert the Risk Management Office for additional review.
For travel with students or as a student group, please see the TSN website.
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car — Corporate Discount Number XZ40034
- National Rental Car — Corporate Discount Number XZ40034
- University Fleet
- Private Vehicle Mileage Reimbursement Rate
- University Policy on Meals
- An itemized receipt is required for business group meals to verify cost per person, and to ensure any alcohol purchased is properly charged to an unrestricted donor fund.
- Tips should be reasonable and normally not exceed 20%
- Cost for alcoholic beverages should not exceed an average of 2 drinks or $15 per person per Policy FN10
- Group Meal/Group Allocation Calculator (excel spreadsheet)
- Non-Employee Travel Form
- Non-Employee Information Form (pdf)
- Group Meal/Group Meeting Support Form (pdf)
- Permission to Possess/Use Alcoholic Beverages Form (pdf)