Group Study Rooms may be reserved up to twenty-four hours in advance for a period of two hours per group, with one renewal permitted per day if there are no other subsequent reservations for that room. There are multiple group study rooms in both library locations. Most of the study rooms contain additional equipment suitable for presentation practice and group collaboration.
- Reservations can be made in person at the Library Service Desk or by phone 814-865-8861. To guarantee time in a study room a reservation must be made.
- Only library staff members can fill out the reservation form.
- Two full names of students reserving the room will be required.
- There must be a group of two or more in order to reserve a group study room.
- Only LAW and SIA students can make reservations.
- Rooms can be reserved for one two hour time block.
- One renewal of two hours may be made if there are no subsequent reservations.
- Reservations can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
- Users without reservations must vacate the room when a group with reservations arrives.
- If a room is reserved and is not claimed within 10 minutes, the reservation is cancelled and others may use it.
- All rules concerning food and drink in the library also apply to the Group Study Rooms.
- Reservations are required all hours when the library is staffed during the week and weekend.
- Per library policy, including group study rooms, “Carrels and tables are not personal property. Carrel or table space may not be claimed for an extended period of time without actually occupying the seat. Carrels and tables will be cleared of ALL unattended items periodically throughout the day.” http://law.psu.edu/library/user-guidelines.
BEVERAGES, FOOD AND SMOKING:
Use of tobacco products in any form is not permitted in the library.
Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted in the Law Library in spill-resistant containers only (e.g., those with a top, lid, or cap that firmly closes and that is unlikely to come off if knocked over).
Long periods of study often require occasional quick energy boosts, so the Law Library will permit the consumption of small, non-messy snack foods (breakfast bars, cookies, raisins, candy, etc.) as long as any wrappers or crumbs are thrown away before leaving the area. No food deliveries are to be made to the Law Library (except during specially approved Law School events). There are many lounge and food service areas throughout both buildings where such foods may be eaten.
Law Library personnel may require users to take food and drink that does not comply with this policy out of the libraries.