1. Schedule of Courses
View the Schedule of Courses (SOC). Choose from the drop down menus: Semester: Fall 2015; Campus and Location: Dickinson School of Law (DN). Additional Search Criteria located in the lower left corner of the SOC provides several ways to search the schedule of courses. To see a complete list of courses being offered, select Dickinson School of Law (LW) in the College drop down box on the Additional Search Criteria screen.
2. Plan Your Schedule
Before you register, take time to gather the information and advice you need to plan for next semester and beyond. Use the Registration Worksheet (PDF or Excel format) to assist you in planning your schedule. To see when a course will likely be offered in the future, review the anticipated course lists for Spring 2016 and Fall 2016 semesters. For information about enrolling in a clinic or externship, including course requirements and application deadlines, visit Clinics and Externships. For information about courses with content tested on the bar examinations see Information About Bar Admissions and Exam or contact the Assistant Dean for Student Services.
Academic Advice — Please seek advice on selecting courses from Interim Assistant Dean of Graduate and International Programs, Burak Can, Prof. Hong, Prof. Bennett, or Ms. Hu. Prior to registration, LL.M. students are required to seek an individual advising consultation.
New York Bar — LL.M. students who expect to graduate in Spring 2016 and take the NY Bar in July 2016 must successfully complete 24 credits of non-AV course work at Penn State Law. Be sure to review full details about the New York Bar Exam.
Important Registration Rules and Tips — Consult the LL.M. Academic Handbook for information about LL.M. degree requirements and academic rules. You are responsible for satisfying all degree requirements and complying with all academic rules.
The Degree Audit application under the Advising tab on eLion is available to LL.M. students. The degree audit allows you to compare your academic record to your LL.M. degree requirements so you can be sure you are on track academically.
- LL.M. degree students cannot register for more than 17 credits per semester.
- Students may not register for courses with overlapping meeting times.
- LL.M. students should register in sections with 200 numbers.
- The drop/add period for all law school courses ends at 11:59 PM on Wednesday August 26, 2015. You can drop or add courses on eLion at any time before the deadline. However, you cannot drop or add courses after the deadline except with permission of the Associate Dean which will be granted only in compelling circumstances.
- If your academic record is subject to a hold, you cannot complete certain registration steps on eLion. The University Registrar notifies students by e-mail whose records are subject to holds. You can check the status of your academic record on eLion by selecting Financial, then Holds.
- Please check Timely Registration News for information on courses with special enrollment criteria.
- The Associate Dean for Academic Affairs may cancel a course with low enrollment (less than 5 students) ordinarily no later than the first day of classes for the semester, and may maintain or cancel any course due to exceptional circumstances. Check Timely Registration News for notice of course cancelations. The Registrar's Office will notify enrolled students of cancelation by e-mail.
Law School Wait List — If a course is full when you attempt to register, you can request to be placed on a wait list for that course. Please note that the law school does not use the Watch List on eLion. You must use the law school wait list linked from the law school website. Do not add your name to a wait list if addition of the wait listed course would raise your credit total over 17 credits, unless the wait listed course conflicts in day and time with a course you have successfully scheduled, in which case if a seat opens in the wait listed course the conflicting course will be automatically dropped without notice to you in favor of the wait listed course, provided that your course schedule does not exceed 17 credits with the addition of the wait listed course. If a seat in a wait listed course opens but addition of the course will raise your credit total over 17 credits, you will not be scheduled in the course. The law school Registrar will send a message to your PSU e-mail account if you are scheduled into a wait listed course or removed from a wait list. You can also monitor changes to your schedule on eLion.
The wait list is monitored on a regular basis during business hours Monday through Friday. As a courtesy to your classmates, please remove your name from a course wait list if you are no longer interested in the course.
IMPORTANT!!! The law school does not use the Watch List on eLion. You must use the law school wait list linked from the law school website.
Timely Registration News — Visit Timely Registration News frequently during the registration period for late-breaking registration information.
3. Registration Times on eLion
If you are new to eLion, view the demo site before you register.
LL.M. students may begin registering at 12:01 a.m. (midnight) on March 23, 2015. You are strongly encouraged to be prepared and ready to register at this time.