You are strongly encouraged to review and understand the functionality of LionPATH by visiting, LionPATH Help.
Information specifically for Penn State Law students is available on the Law Student Launch Page in LionPATH . Information pertaining to you is available under the "Penn State Law" links, not Law or Dickinson Law.
Fall 2016 Schedule of Classes - Law class offerings are available from your Student Center in LionPATH. The information is available via the Search for Classes button. All law classes in the Class Search are located under the Course Career "LAW", not Dickinson Law or Penn State Law.
VERY IMPORTANT STEPS YOU MUST TAKE BEFORE YOUR REGISTRATION TIME: Within your Student Center in LionPATH, review the items under the To Do List. The Pre-Registration Activity Guide - Fall 2016, once completed, will release the Financial Responsibility Agreement that appears under the Holds. You need to review this information and take the necessary steps in order to be able to register. You can check your Enrollment Dates in your Student Center for the date and time you can begin enrolling for Fall 2016.
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE PRE-REGISTRATION ACTIVITY GUIDE - FALL 2016 AND THE FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AGREEMENT IN YOUR LIONPATH STUDENT CENTER OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER!!!
Plan Your Schedule - Before you register, take time to gather the information and advice you need to plan for next semester!! Use the Schedule Builder in LionPATH to plan your schedule. Learn more about the LionPATH Schedule Builder, the information is located under Course and Class Search. You can view the Spring 2017 Anticipated Course List to assist you planning ahead. For information about enrolling in a clinic or externship, including course requirements and application deadlines, visit Clinics and Externships. For information about courses with content tested on the bar examinations see Information About Bar Admissions and Exam or contact the Assistant Dean of Academic and Student Services.
Academic Advice — Course advising sessions are mandatory for LL.M. students. Please consult your assigned academic advisor, whose name is available in your Student Center in LionPATH, for information on selecting courses. If you have a question about advising, email email@example.com .
New York Bar — LL.M. students who will graduate in Spring 2017 and take the NY Bar in July 2017 must successfully complete 24 credits of non-AV course work at Penn State Law. Be sure to review full details about the New York Bar Exam.
Important Registration Rules and Tips — Consult the LL.M. Academic Handbook for information about LL.M. degree requirements. You are responsible for satisfying all degree requirements and complying with all academic rules.
- LL.M. degree students are required to enroll in a minimum of 12 credits each semester. While you could register for a maximum of 17 credits per semester, it is recommended that you do not register for more than 15 credits .
- Registration Wait List — The law school uses the University's Wait List in LionPATH. You are encouraged, before you register, to learn more about the LionPath Wait List. The information is located under Enrollment. The wait list is monitored on a regular basis by the Office of the University Registrar during business hours Monday through Friday. As a courtesy to your classmates, please remove your name from a course wait list if you are no longer interested in the course.
- Students may not register for courses with overlapping meeting times.
- LL.M. students will register in sections with 200 numbers.
- LL.M. students are not permitted to take courses offered by Dickinson Law Professors.
- The drop/add period for all law school courses ends at 11:59 PM on Wednesday August 24, 2016. You can drop or add courses from your Student Center in LionPATH at any time before the deadline. However, you cannot drop or add courses after the deadline except with permission of the Associate Dean which will be granted only in compelling circumstances.
- If your academic record is subject to a hold, you will not be able to register. You should check the status of your academic record in your Student Center in LionPATH before your enrollment date. You can check your Enrollment Dates in your Student Center for the date and time you can begin enrolling for Fall 2016.
- Please check Timely Registration News for information on courses with special enrollment criteria.
- The Associate Dean for Academic Affairs may cancel a course with low enrollment (less than 5 students) ordinarily no later than the first day of classes for the semester, and may maintain or cancel any course due to exceptional circumstances. Check Timely Registration News for notice of course cancelations.
Because of the unusually large number of final exams scheduled for the Fall 2016 exam period, we will not permit students to reschedule adjacent exams, so please plan accordingly. Adjacent exams are two exams scheduled on the same day at 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. or at 1:30 p.m. one day and at 8:30 a.m. the next day. Exams scheduled at 1:30 p.m. on a Saturday and at 8:30 a.m. the following Monday are not adjacent.
Grading Deadlines - Grades are due from faculty no later than Tuesday January 10, 2017.
Timely Registration News — Visit Timely Registration News frequently during the registration period for late-breaking registration information.
Registration Times - Your registration time is available in your Student Center in LionPATH. The information is available under Enrollment Dates.