Group Study Rooms may be reserved up to twenty-four hours in advance for a period of two hours per group, with one renewal permitted per day if there are no other subsequent reservations for that room. There are multiple group study rooms in both library locations. Most of the study rooms contain additional equipment suitable for presentation practice and group collaboration.
- Reservations can be made in person at the Library Service Desk or by phone (Carlisle 717-240-5267; University Park 814-865-8861).
- Only library staff members can fill out the reservation form.
- Two full names of students reserving the room will be required.
- There must be a group of two or more in order to reserve a group study room.
- Only Law and SIA students can make reservations.
- Rooms can be reserved for one two hour time block.
- One renewal of two hours may be made if there are no subsequent reservations.
- Reservations can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
- Users without reservations must vacate the room when a group with reservations arrives.
- If a room is reserved and is not claimed within 10 minutes, others may use it.
- All rules concerning food and drink in the library also apply to the Group Study Rooms.
- Per library policy, including group study rooms, “Carrels and tables are not personal property. Carrel or table space may not be claimed for an extended period of time without actually occupying the seat. Carrels and tables will be cleared of ALL unattended items periodically throughout the day.” http://law.psu.edu/library/user-guidelines