OutLaw is a student organization of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, et al (LGBTQ+) individuals and allies at The Pennsylvania State University (University) School of Law (Law School). OutLaw is dedicated to creating a safe space for all LGBTQ+ persons, and providing social, educational, professional, and philanthropic opportunities for Penn State Law's LGBTQ+ community. OutLaw strives to foster a dialogue with the larger campus community about the legal status of LGBTQ+ persons in society, the ways in which the law interacts with the lives of LGBTQ+ persons, and being LGBTQ+ in the legal profession.
All students are welcome and encouraged to join OutLaw in an effort to increase awareness and acceptance at the Law School.
President: Ryan Morrison
Vice President: Megan McClement
Secretary: Kaitlin Briggs
Treasurer: Emma Hoffmann
Director of Allied Outreach: TBA
Outreach to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered (LGBT) and allied people in the Penn State community, including: build relationships with the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association, Black Law Students Association, Multicultural Law Students Association and other student groups to increase understanding and create an environment that honors students’ multi-faceted identities, perspectives and contributions; work with the curriculum committee and professors to diversify the curriculum content to reflect greater diversity of identities and perspectives among the student body and people who comprise the market for legal services; work with Career Services to address interviewing and job placement concerns that may be specific to LGBT people.
- "Mommy Queerest Faculty Panel" — April 4, 2016
- “Intersection of Marriage Equality and Freedom of Religion” — March 3, 2014
- “The Death of DOMA and Immigration” — September 12, 2013
- “Reproductive Options for LGBT Families” — April 17, 2013
- “I Do: Marriage Equality before the Court” — March 28, 2013
- “World AIDS Day: a Discussion” — December 3, 2012
- “Wealth and Estate Planning for Same-Sex or Unmarried Couples” — October 23, 2012.
- “Shhh! Don’t ask, don’t tell” — October 1, 2009