Penn State Law is Penn State’s law school on its University Park campus in State College, Pennsylvania.
Penn State Law traces its roots to the founding of The Dickinson School of Law in 1834. The Dickinson School of Law merged with Penn State in 2000 and The Penn State Dickinson School of Law began admitting students on the University Park campus in fall of 2006. The law school moved into the state-of-the-art Lewis Katz Building in 2009.
Until 2014, what is now Penn State Law was part of the one-school, dual-campus Penn State Dickinson School of Law. In the summer of 2014, the American Bar Association approved Penn State’s request to separate the dual-campus school into two law schools: Penn State Law in University Park and Dickinson Law in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. The first students of Penn State Law enrolled in University Park in fall 2015 and the last students to attend the dual-campus Penn State Dickinson School of Law graduated in May 2017.