Legislative Activity 2011-2012
For an explanation to facilitate reading of legislative bills click here.
Pennsylvania Legislative Activity (2011-2012 Session)
Enacted Pennsylvania Legislation:
- Act 2 of 2011 (Senate Bill 265) Amending the Coal and Gas Resource Coordination Act in order to provide further definitions.
- Act 35 of 2011 (House Bill 144) Amending the Pennsylvania Farmland and Forest Land Assessment Act, providing a utilization of land that is leased for oil, gas, or coal bead methane extraction under clean and green.
- Act 127 of 2011 (House Bill 344) Granting the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission authority to supervise and regulate pipelines within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Act 9 of 2012 (Senate Bill 995) Health and Safety (35 Pa. C.S.) - requiring the operator of each permitted unconventional well in Pennsylvania to post certain 911 response information at entrance to each unconventional well site.
- Act 13 of 2012 (House Bill 1950) providing for an unconventional gas well fee and for transfers from the Oil, Gas Lease Fund to the Natural Gas Energy Development Program.
- Pennsylvania Legislative Resolutions:
- Pennsylvania Legislative Hearings:
- Local Impacts of Marcellus Shale Drilling (Senate Majority Policy Committee Public Hearing, Jan. 26, 2011)