Penn State Law has extended its fall 2020 application deadline to June 30, 2020. GRE and LSAT Flex are accepted.
Applicants to the J.D. program must submit an electronic application through the Law School Admission Council (LSAC). The personal statement, any additional statement or addenda, and the applicant's résumé or summary of work experiences and/or activities should be attached to the electronic application.
Letters of recommendation must go through the Letter of Recommendation (LOR) Service.
It is recommended that additional supporting documentation be submitted via email to email@example.com.
The following materials must be submitted to be considered for admission:
- a complete Penn State Law application
- a $60 nonrefundable application fee or authorized fee waiver
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT) score or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score, no older than 5 years*
- a law school report from the Credential Assembly Service
- a personal statement
- a résumé or overview of the student’s academic and professional experiences
- two letters of recommendation from academic or professional references (letters from family members or members of the legal profession who have not worked with the applicant in a professional or academic context will not be accepted), and
- a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score (for foreign-educated students only).
* Qualified Penn State undergraduates may apply with an SAT or ACT score. To qualify, the following conditions must be met:
An ACT or SAT score, no older than 5 years, with a cumulative score in the 85th percentile or higher, and
A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or higher over six semesters of academic work.
An official score report from The College Board or ACT is required. Please contact test administrators to have an official score report provided to Penn State Law.
Decisions are made on a rolling basis.
Amanda DiPolvere, Assistant Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid
Lorraine Swab, Admissions Coordinator
Penn State Law
The Pennsylvania State University
Lewis Katz Building
University Park, PA 16802