Penn State has extended the remote-delivery period for all classes through at least the spring semester. Visit https://news.psu.edu/ to learn more. CORONAVIRUS UPDATES: Visit https://sites.psu.edu/virusinfo/ for the latest from Penn State about the global coronavirus outbreak, and to learn more about current travel restrictions for students, faculty, and staff. For information specific to the Penn State Law community, visit pennstatelaw.psu.edu/psl-virus.
Interlibrary Loan is a service available to all Penn State faculty, staff and students.
Interlibrary loan requests should be made online through ILLiad.
Assistance in locating needed research material through interlibrary loan can be obtained from Allison Ruckert.
Circulating material available from any Penn State campus location may be requested by clicking on the "I Want It" button located at the top of The CAT citation screen.
What Can Be Requested Through Interlibrary Loan?
- Non-Circulating material held in University Park collections.
- Articles from journals held in University Park collections.
- Material not held in the Penn State University Libraries collections.
What Can Not Be Obtained Through Interlibrary Loan?
- The University Libraries make every effort to supply you with non-circulating material regardless of format. Fragile, rare, or heavily used material does not circulate.
- Reference, Rare, and Special Format materials from libraries outside the Penn State system are circulated on a case by case basis.
How Long Will It Take To Receive My Request?
- Non-Circulating material held in the University Park collection should arrive within a week.
- Material from a library outside the Penn State Libraries system takes an average of 2 weeks to arrive. Most journal articles will arrive in a shorter time frame.
- You can check on the status of your request from the Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) Patron Menu.
How Will Items Be Delivered?
- Loans will be sent to your law library for pickup. You will be notified by e-mail when these items become available.
- Journal articles will be posted to the web. You will be notified by e-mail when the article becomes available. Instructions for accessing the article through the Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) interface are included in the e-mail.
How Long Do I Have Access To My Article?
- Your article will remain on the web server for 30 days.
- You have the ability to print or download your article.