The Student Bar Association is a student governing body to which all students belong. Legislative power is vested in the Board of Governors, which consists of the following:
- the executive council, consisting of the president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, American Bar Association/Law Student Division representative, the Penn State Senator, who are each elected by the entire student body, and an LLM senator;
- from each class, four class representatives, two honor code representatives; and
- an LLM class representative, and an LLM honor code representative who are elected by their respective classes.
The SBA coordinates student activities, sponsors many academic, social, athletic and community events, allocates funds to the student organizations, and serves as the liaison to the faculty, administration, and alumni for all students. SBA meetings are held bi-weekly during the school year, and the meetings are open to all. Elections of officers and upper-class representatives are held in April. The election of junior representatives is held in September.
2017-2018 Executive Council
|Vice President :||Brandon McCune|
|PSU Senator:||Lisa Grigley|
|ABA Representative:||Nia Fung|
2017-2018 Board of Governors
|2018 Honor Code Representatives:||
|2018 Class Representatives:||
|2019 Honor Code Representatives:||
|2019 Class Representatives:||
|2020 Honor Code Representatives:||TBD|
|2020 Class Representatives:||TBD|
|LL.M. Honor Code Representative:||TBD|
- Governing Documents
- Budget Forms and Guidelines
- Student Organization Resources
- SBA Class Representatives and Honor Code Representatives
- SBA Committee Members
Some of the major activities that the SBA organizes each year are the Barrister's Ball, the Third-Year Class Picnic, and the Student Activities Fair. For more SBA events as well as student group events, please refer to the Master Calendar for the most comprehensive list.